Hire Seattle Certified Arborists because they offer services to ensure the trees on your Seattle property live a long healthy life.
What is an ISA Certified Arborist?
ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) Certification is a voluntary program that tests and certifies tree professionals in a wide range of arboriculture knowledge including:
- Tree biology & pruning
- Soil management & urban forestry
- Identification, diagnosis & treatment
- Tree protection & risk management
- Safe work practices
To apply for the exam, candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in arboriculture or a combination of education and practical arboricultural experience.
Purpose of arborist certification
The goal of the ISA Certification process is to identify professionals in the tree industry who have a high level of knowledge and practical skill. Certification gives homeowners proof they are hiring someone who has expert knowledge and will provide proper care for their trees.
What is a TRAQ?
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification requires additional training from the ISA. Only those who are a certified arborist or have a degree in arboriculture, urban forestry, or horticulture from an accredited college or university qualify for the course.
Those with this added endorsement have a comprehensive understanding of tree risk assessment. This includes learning a systematic approach for evaluating tree risk that includes
- Tree biology & mechanics
- Inspection & assessment
- Analysis & mitigation
- Risk categorization & reporting
When Seattle homeowners use an arborist with TRAQ credentials they can feel confident they are getting an accurate tree evaluation. Plus, any proposed solutions will be industry approved.
Verify when you hire Seattle Certified Arborists
To verify whether someone is a certified arborist, just ask to see their credentials. ISA certified arborists have access to a digital certificate of their credentials to show their information.
The certification process isn’t just a one-time thing. Arborists need to continue their education to maintain certification which means they are always up to date on the latest techniques.
Certified Arborist Services
Certified arborists offer a wide range of services from diagnosing disease to removal to risk assessments for insurance purposes. The following are the most common services provided.
- Pruning to keep a tree healthy and looking good while developing strong structure to reduce breakage during storms.
- Emergency tree care-safely removing or pruning storm-damaged trees while reducing risk of damaging property.
- Selecting & planting the best species for a certain location to minimize future problems.
- Tree removals when they pose unacceptable risk, causing an obstruction or harming other trees.
- Preventative maintenance practices to ensure healthy growth.
- Diagnosing and treating insect and disease.
- Consulting, legal services and reports for risk assessment.
Hire Seattle Certified Arborists because they offer a wide array of services necessary to keep your trees healthy and strong. Contact Eastside Tree Works to schedule a consult with one of our many arborists.