Tree service Sammamish
Locally owned and family operated, Eastside Tree Works provides residential and commercial service to Sammamish and the Eastside. Our crews have over 150 years of experience in handling tree-related problems.
Tree removal in Sammamish
The City of Sammamish requires a permit to remove deciduous or coniferous trees over a certain size.
- Any deciduous tree over 12 inches in diameter measured 54 inches from the ground
- Any coniferous tree over 8 inches in diameter measured 54 inches from the ground
No permit is needed if your trees are smaller than the guidelines listed (unless located in a critical area) or it’s a emergency removal to prevent impending danger or hazard to persons or property.
What’s a critical area?
Wetlands, protected slope area, stream corridors, geologic hazard area prone to erosion or an area with a Native Growth Protective Easement (NGPE).
When is a removal application required?
- If you are removing 3 trees or less, there’s no fee though you still need to complete the permit.
- If removing 4 trees or more, a flat rate of $58 is due with the completed permit.
- 2 copies of a scaled site plan detailing location, species and size of trees to be removed and reason for removal.
- The City may require an arborist report with your application if you are removing trees within critical areas or native growth protection areas.