Covington Washington tree removal
Locally owned, Eastside Tree Works provides tree services to Covington area homes and businesses. Our crews are made up of certified arborists and experienced climbers that can handle even the most challenging tree jobs.
Covington Tree Services
- 24-hour response
- Tree removal
- Crane tree removal
- Fine pruning
- Windsail reductions
- Crown thinning
- Deadwood removal
- Thinning for light
- Stump grinding
- Tree assessment
- Brush cutting
- Hazard tree evaluations
- Certified arborists
Tree removal in Covington
The City of Covington passed the Tree Preservation Ordinance to preserve more existing trees in order to maintain a viable tree canopy for the city as well as to increase property values and privacy for residential areas. As a home or business owner, you are exempt from obtaining a tree removal permit as long as you meet the following requirements.
List of exemptions
- Residential sites 1 acre or less not in critical area.
- Commercial or industrial sites 2 acres or less not in critical area.
- Sites with less than 20 significant trees or less.
- Emergency removal of hazard trees.
- Limited removal of trees on existing developed residential property between 1 and 10 acres within 35 ft. of existing building and 15 ft. of accessory building.
Questions about removal?
Examples of critical areas are wetlands, stream corridors, geological areas prone to erosion or landslides or a native growth protected area.
If you have questions regarding tree removal or the tree preservation ordinance, please call the City of Covington at 253-638-1110.