Mercer Island Washington tree removal
Eastside Tree Works provide all types of tree removals and pruning as well as assessments and hazard tree evaluations by certified arborists for homes and businesses on Mercer Island, Washington.
Mercer Island Tree Services
- Tree removal
- Fine pruning
- Windsail reductions
- Crown thinning/reduction
- Deadwood removal
- Thinning for light
- Stump grinding
- Brush clearing
- Tree preservation
- Tree assessments
- Certified arborists
- 24-hour emergency response
Tree removal in Mercer Island
Mercer Island requires a tree removal permit for the removal of any tree over 10 inches in diameter. In most cases, the permits are free and available at the Permit Center. Tree removal associated with development has different requirements so if you're planning construction of a house or commercial building, we can help you navigate the tree code.
Questions about removal?
A permit is needed to cut any landmark tree, no matter the size. The City has a register of landmark trees and groves though the landmark designation can only be assigned with the approval of the property owner. If you have any questions regarding tree regulations or permits, please contact the city arborist at 206-275-7713.
Tree removal permit information
- Permit required to remove any tree unless specifically exempted.
- Hazardous tree may be removed before permit application if the tree poses a threat.
- Exempt from permit if tree is smaller than 10 inches and not an exceptional tree or a previously required replacement tree.
- Normal pruning and maintenance requires no permit
What is a critical tree area?
- Geologic hazard area prone to erosion, sliding, earthquake or geological event (see City geologic hazard map).
- Protected slope area or watercourse corridor (see City watercourse maps).
- Wetland or any area within 25 ft. of the wetlands edge.
- Areas which restricts removal of vegetation or trees, such as a Native Growth Protective Easement (NGPE).